Delicious, tasty, easy, and can potentially make some interesting leftovers, too.
Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Red lentils
- Fresh cilantro, dried coriander, and/or minced ginger
- Jaswant’s Daal Seasoning for Red Lentils
- Optional greens: kale, spinach
- Chop onion, and saute in Instant Pot
- Add water, red lentils, and optionally: cilantro or coriander
- Add Jaswant’s spices
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam release valve and set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- After cooking, wait a few minutes, quick release, and allow to cool. Stir in finishing seasoning (Garam Masala). Optionally to healthify, while cooling, add some spinach or chopped kale
- Enjoy your Daal! (The next day: if you have some leftovers that have congealed a bit, you can roll into balls, and put in an air fryer for 20-25 minutes for a nice salad addition or stand-alone food.)
- Instant Pot